Hockey Board Member Election
The IGHHA Director Nomination and Election process is intended to ensure that all IGHHA members are aware of open board positions, interested members are able to be nominated, and members are informed of eligible candidates. Please reference Appendix D of the IGHHA Handbook on the IGHHA website for complete information.
The IGHHA Board of Directors works on behalf of the IGHHA membership to ensure the well-being and success of the association as a whole. Please consider sharing your time and leadership skills with IGHHA. This season the terms of two board positions are expiring. Where “incumbent” is indicated, the sitting member whose term is expiring, is planning to run again this cycle:
Open Board Positions
· Director of Hockey Operations
· Director of Communications/Secretary: Incumbent -Troy Woltman
Each person elected to the Board will serve a three-year term from May 2021 – April, 2024. Active members of IGHHA, in good standing, are eligible to run for board positions. Board members are required to attend board meetings throughout the year (the 3rd Monday of each month) where recommendations, discussions and decisions are made. In addition, board members are assigned roles and responsibilities that will require time outside of board meetings to execute the board’s agenda for the year.
Nomination Process and Election Timeline
· Members interested in serving on the board can express their interest via email to the Director of Communications, Troy Woltman (firstname.lastname@example.org), or any current board member. Nominations, including self-nominations, will also be accepted from the floor during the March meeting (March 15th 7pm Via Zoom). Deadline for nominations is the conclusion of the March meeting, no exceptions.
· If the number of nominees exceeds the number of open Board positions a balloted election will occur during the Annual Meeting of the Members in April. Eligible candidates can submit a 1-page candidate summary to the Director of Communication no later than March 29th, 2021. A template file will be distributed to eligible candidates following the nomination process. All candidate summaries will be made available to voting members by Sunday, April 18th, 2021.
· The Annual meeting of the Members is scheduled for Sunday, April 25th, 2021 from 5-7pm at VMCC where balloted elections will occur via drive though voting in the parking lot, if required. Election results will be tallied at the end of the meeting and those elected to the board will be announced. Assignments for each elected Board member will be determined by the Board of Directors during the May meeting.
Responsibilities for each Director position can be found in the IGHHA Handbook.
Additional questions about open board positions, the nomination process, areas of responsibilities, and general what-to-expect would be best addressed by speaking with any member of the board.
If you want to make a difference when it comes to IGHHA hockey, our association, our players, and our member families’ youth hockey experience, please get involved! Volunteers are the backbone of our program. We encourage all members to attend board meetings